Up until now, you’ve only been able to use Outpost with Gmail, G Suite, or Office 365 email accounts.
Our newest update has made Outpost available to any team using any email service provider. It’s an exciting new development, and we can’t wait to see your team use Outpost to manage your shared inboxes.
Outpost works for any team with any email
Whether your email is hosted by Rackspace, GoDaddy, Microsoft Exchange, 1and1, or any other email provider, your team can now enjoy the benefits of managing your shared email in Outpost.
To get started, you’ll follow a quick and easy setup process to forward mail from your email provider to your Outpost account. The process is really simple, and our team has written detailed instructions to show you how easy it is. We’re also more than happy to walk you through the process. Just contact us and we’ll help you out.
Free email hosting with Outpost
If you have a contact form on your website or if you use third-party services that send your team alerts and notifications, it’s common to use a shared mailbox or an email distribution group to receive those messages. For instance, our company uses a variety of these types of email accounts, like bizdev@, or marketing@.
Unfortunately, creating new email accounts for these distribution lists often costs money. Each new email account may seem reasonably priced, but the additional cost can really add up across your business, especially as you grow. Depending on the size of your business, you might even need to get approval from a manager or ask IT for help, which can seem like a lot of hassle.
With Outpost, you can now create as many new Outpost-hosted email addresses as you want, without any additional charges to your account.
Outpost’s free, hosted email addresses will look like this: example@YourCompany.teamoutpost.com. You can use these email addresses to collect any type of email and collaborate on that email with your team. Creating a new inbox only takes a few seconds. Plus, you won’t have to talk to IT or get approval from anyone.
Once you have your mailbox configured, your team can start collaborating on email using the following features:
- Assignments: Everyone knows which messages they’re responsible for and nothing slips through the cracks.
- Internal notes: Share important information behind-the-scenes so your team can send well-crafted, helpful email responses.
- Template responses: Respond in seconds with saved templates, improving the accuracy and consistency of your team’s replies.
- Shared drafts and collision alerts: Work together to collaborate on email responses and never worry about accidentally responding to the same message twice.
- Analytics and reporting: Get the insights you need to help your team increase productivity while delighting your customers.
If you’re interested in getting a closer look at Outpost, you can try it free, or book a demo with us. We can show you how easy it is to organize your inboxes, foster better teamwork, and end the hassle of sharing email.